Marc E. Wasser
- Office Leasing
- Retail Leasing
- Warehouse and Light Industrial Leasing
- Sale Leasebacks, Ground Leases and Triple Net Leasing Transactions
Experienced in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, Marc’s practice primarily focuses on the commercial leasing sector with a specialty in retail leasing. Marc represents both prominent national and New York City developers and smaller family owned ventures in connection with the leasing of their various projects ranging from regional enclosed malls to mixed use projects to “street” locations. Marc also counsels operators of prospective retail locations including numerous dry goods retailers, gym operators, restaurateurs and pop-up entertainment users. Having substantial experience on both perspectives of leasing transactions allows Marc to efficiently negotiate for his clients. In connection with such representation, Marc counsels his clients on the wide variety of issues which arise in the retail leasing arena, especially those inherent in the ongoing nationalization of many retail concepts, and is well versed in the nuances of co-tenancy clauses, kick-out rights, assignment and subletting issues and exclusive clauses.
Marc has lectured on retail lease issues at Columbia University and on behalf of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Marc joined Goldfarb & Fleece LLP in April, 2000, and became a partner in January, 2009.
- New York, 1998
- New Jersey, 1998
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. 1997
- University of Delaware, B.A. 1994
Journals and Publications:
- Taking the Exclusive Covenant From LOI to Lease From the Landlord’s
Perspective-Retail Law Strategist-Volume 11, Issue 3, Fall 2011
Associations / Memberships / Affiliations:
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference Planning Committee
Some notable leases Marc has recently negotiated include:
- Whole Foods, Peloton flagship and SBE curated food hall at 5 Manhattan West on behalf of Brookfield Properties;
- Whole Foods and LifeTime Fitness at 1 Wall Street on behalf of ownership;
- Target, Fidelity and Spectrum at 1865 Broadway on behalf of Avalon Bay Communities;
- The luxury retail occupants at 432 Park Avenue, including the Phillips Auctioneers office and gallery lease on behalf of ownership;
- Target and Big Outdoor signage at E-Walk, Times Square on behalf of Tishman Real Estate Services;
- New Tradition Media signage at One Times Square on behalf of Jamestown;
- Target at Cross County Shopping Center, Yonkers, New York on behalf of ownership;
- McDonald’s, Gap, Old Navy, Starbucks and Walgreens at the Bow Tie Building in Times Square on behalf of Bow Tie Partners;
- Whole Foods at Industry City, Brooklyn, New York on behalf of ownership;
- Redevelopment of retail leasing occupancy at 1407 Broadway on behalf of Shorenstein Properties LLC;
- Whole Foods at 4 Bryant Park on behalf of Equity Office Properties;
- The Friends Experience at 130 East 23rd Street on behalf of Superfly X Productions;
- Numerous anchor, restaurant, entertainment and dry retail occupants in connection with retail redevelopment at properties owned by Seritage Growth Properties; and
- Hershey’s Chocolate World at 20 Times Square on behalf of ownership.